Friday 22 June 2007

Hello New Blogger Here

Well after having numerous people tell me I should have my own blog - I have made myself one!

Not sure what exactly I am doing but hey ho its all a work in progress!

A little history - My name is Gemma and I live in Basildon, Essex with my husband Peter and daughter Amy. (I have an older brother who EVERYONE knows, Dan aka 0ddness blog man!).

A little history lesson. Since I was about 19 years old I started gaining weight and never really stopped. When I was pregnant with Amy I kinda ate what I wanted when I wanted and therefore gained even more weight.

I tried and failed to breastfeed Amy and was very low about this however it was pointed out to me that my biggest craving - Peanut M&Ms - could now be eaten! So never one to miss an opportunity I ate them and ate them and ate them and before I knew it I was heaver than when I was 9 months pregnant!

Fast forward to January 2007 and I actually decided to do something about all this weight and so I joined my local Slimming World group one Tuesday morning. The scales read 16 stone 11 lbs.

Fast forward again to now and I currently weigh 14 stone 1 lb. I have had a few hiccups along the way where I havent been 100% commited to the plan but my head is now out of the sand and I am on my way again. Ideally I would like to be 10 stone 7lbs but will see how I feel when I eventually get there.

I will post here food ideas which are in line with the slimming world plan and any thoughts and feelings about the diet along with my weekly weigh in (Tuesdays).

This blog is also intended for me to have a good rant so be warned!

Finally, welcome everyone!

5 comments:

Dan said...

Whooo hooo! Welcome to the Blogosphere! I will add a link on my blog in a bit for you.

Also - Comment Moderation is a pain in the ass. If you're worried about spammers, go for Word Verification - otherwise, you have to approve all the comments people make :)

Nancy Jensen said...

Gemma!!!! I'm so glad you started a blog! I'll add you to my blog-roll if you don't mind.

I know that Dan had told me what a stone is but that was a looooooooooong time ago. So how many pounds are in a stone? At the time that Dan was telling me I didn't believe him that there was such a measurement. haha

I'm interested in hearing more about your "local slimming world group".

See ya soon!
Nancy

gemgems said...

How did you guys know I had a blog!

Dan, speak English, I dont know what to do!!!! Also, how do I get a tag box thingy where people can leave a message?

Nancy there are 14lbs to a stone so I have lost 39lbs :o)

Nancy Jensen said...

WOW Gemma! 39 pounds?! You are doing an amazing job! I knew you had a blog when you posted a comment on Dan's blog and saw that you had a link. I clicked onto the link an ta-da! here you are. ;-)

I agree about the comment moderation and word verification. I prefer the word veri.

Nancy Jensen said...

Hey, you switched to word verification. Good job! :-)